Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 30-40 min
Makes 1 loaf
pinch of salt
75g caster sugar
1 tin creamed corn
250g cheddar (grated)
220g flour (or substitute for a Gluten-free flour blend - we use Dove’s Farm)
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 green chilies, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F. Lightly grease a loaf tin and line with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and pinole to this mixture.
- Follow with the sweetcorn, creamed corn, cheeses, buttermilk and
- Finally, combine the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate soda in a separate bowl before adding to the other mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle emerges clean.