Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 30-40 min
Serves: 20 ramekins
Make sure you prepare these 5 hours before you serve!
1 L double cream
240g condensed milk
1 vanilla pod
- Beat the eggs with the vanilla seeds scraped from the pod.
- Blend the mix with the cream, condensed milk and the pinole until you get a homogenous mix.
- Divide the mix in ramekins and cook in a ‘bain marie’ at 150°C for 30-40min approximately until the center is cooked (check with a knife).
- Refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle 1½ tsp of caster sugar over each ramekin. Spray with a little water using a fine spray to dampen the sugar – then use a blow torch to caramelise the top. Hold the flame just above the sugar and keep moving it round and round until caramelised.
- Serve when the brûlée is firm, or within an hour or two.