Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 10-30 min
Serves: 30 shortbread
100g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter
15g xanthan gum
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon
55g caster sugar for coating
- Beat the butter with the cream. Add the sugar and beat until you get a homogenized light texture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the pinole and salt. Stir in the pinole little by little into the batter, making sure you mix well.
- Add the eggs and beat the mix until you get a consistent batter.
- Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick.
- Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with caster sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.